The timing couldn’t have been more appropriate – or tragic.
On Tuesday, Istanbul, Turkey’s Ataturk Airport was the scene of a horrific terrorist attack, which left approximately 37 dead and 147 injured. It was a ghastly exclamation point to emphasize the need for yesterday’s Senate Judiciary Subcommittee hearing on Islamism, led by Texas Senator Ted Cruz.
It has become an almost daily occurrence, where some fresh horror emerges from the world of Islam that reminds us that the “religion of peace” has a problem, and that our current government is tying the hands of those in a position to keep us safe, all for the sake of political correctness.
From Conservative Review:
DHS whistleblower, Phil Haney, testified at the hearing that 820 documents were modified or purged from counter terrorism databases, most of them dealing with the relationship between American Muslim Brotherhood figures and global jihadist networks. That was done at the behest of Muslim Brotherhood leaders, the very people responsible for cultivating the climate of Sharia adherence and political Islam within our country.
This is the same Muslim Brotherhood that the Obama administration has given such prominent roles in our government, for those who are keeping score.
One of the more powerful testimonies from yesterday’s hearing on the administration’s willful blindness to Islamic terrorism here at home was delivered by counter terrorism expert Chris Gaubatz. Here is his experience going undercover in American’s most prominent Muslim organization:
- During my time conducting undercover research as an intern for Hamas, both at CAIR MD/VA in Herndon, VA, and CAIR National in Washington DC, I preserved documents that revealed Hamas doing business as CAIR:
- Conspired to cover-up fraud committed by one of their immigration attorneys
- Discussed coordinating with Bin Laden and his associates
- Placed staffers and interns inside congressional offices
- Conspired to influence congress, specifically judiciary, intelligence, and homeland security committees
- Impacted congressional districts, tasking each Hamas Chapter office with influencing at least two legislators
- Ordered books from the Saudi embassy on the virtue of jihad and martyrdom
- Worked with a Muslim law enforcement officer to influence a major terrorism investigation by accessing a classified federal police database and tipping off the suspect
- The current administration and the US national security apparatus continues to use leaders of Muslim Brotherhood groups like ISNA, the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC), CAIR, and others to provide direct input into American foreign policy and domestic counter-terrorism strategies. One of the results of this dangerous situation is to order the removal of terms like, “jihad”, and, “sharia”, from our counter terrorism lexicon.
Not only is this group not banned from the country, they help craft Obama’s “counter terrorism” policies and are now serving as a blocking force to prevent law enforcement from digging deeper into the community connections of the Orlando and San Bernardino terrorists. As Phil Haney explained on my podcast, terrorists cannot be studied in a vacuum; law enforcement must investigate their colonies because they inevitably connect to the same networks. Notice how many of the recent domestic terrorists were either connected to Anwar al-Awlaki, the “blind Sheik,” or were inspired by their respective networks? Yet, Awlaki was allowed to give sermons in the cafeteria of the Pentagon several weeks before his disciples flew planes into the building, and he continued to deliver sermons on Capitol Hill thereafter.
It isn’t strictly a Democrat failing. Both parties have been blunted in their approach to naming and dealing with radical Islam. Organizations like the Center for American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) act as lawyers and advocates for the families of terrorists and do far more to promote the scrubbed, politically correct version of Islam than to actually try and make relations between mainstream America and our Muslim citizens better.
Senator Cruz opened yesterday’s hearing giving account after blood-chilling account of the attacks carried out on our own soil. Mere seconds into his opening, as he spoke of the November 5, 2009 attack by Nidal Hasan, an Army major and psychiatrist who killed 13, including an unborn child, and injured more than 30 others, Cruz had to call out those in the gallery who were snickering as he spoke, illustrating that our lawmakers are not engaged in seriously addressing the issue.
Cruz offered this blistering condemnation of the Obama administrations willful ignorance, in regards to the dangers of radical Islam:
“Does anyone notice a trend here?” asked the junior senator from Texas. “A consistent effort by this administration to scrub any reference to radical Islamic terrorism, to pretend that the threat does not exist … the consequence of the willful blindness, of a policy that as a matter of administration policy refuses to acknowledge the threat, means over and over again this administration has allowed the threats to go forward.”
“We cannot combat and defeat radical Islamic terrorism without acknowledging it exists and directing our resources to stopping it,” he later added.
Cruz further went on to read examples from the November 2011 Department of Homeland Security’s lexicon of “Domestic Terrorism and Homegrown Extremism,” which included references to environmental extremists, anarchists, animal rights extremists, and skinheads, but oddly… no Islam, radical or otherwise.
The Texas senator drove home the point that this administration has been far too concerned with not offending, than they are with actually saving American lives. At what point, however, do actual lives and the well-being of citizens take priority over hurt feelings?
You can watch the entire 3 hour hearing here, and it should be required viewing for every concerned American citizen. Senator Cruz delivered this dire message with sober conviction, and the message is long overdue.
The post Ted Cruz Blasts the Obama Administration’s Whitewashing of Radical Islam (Video) appeared first on RedState.